19 June 2017
We're thrilled to announce that The Purple Cow has won the prestigious Oppenheim Toy Portfolio - Gold Seal Award for the Crazy Scientist LAB - Magical Mirrors science kit!
Criteria used for evaluating toys for this award:
- What is this product designed to do and how well does it do it? What can the child do with the product?
- Does it invite active doing and thinking or simply passive watching?
- Is it safe and well-designed, and can it withstand the unexpected?
- Does it "fit" the developmental needs, interests, and typical skills of the children for whom it was designed? What message does it convey?
- Toys can say a great deal about values parents are trying to convey. For example, does the product reflect old sexual stereotypes that limit children's views of themselves and others?
- What will a child learn from this product? Is it a "smart" product that will engage the child's mind or simply a novelty with limited play value? Is it entertaining? No product makes our list if kids find it boring, no matter how "good" or "educational" it claims to be.
- Is the age label correct? Is the product so easy that it will be boring or so challenging that it will be frustrating?
- Are the instructions clear and easy to follow?
- Is the packaging impossible to open?
- Ease of Assembly. If you need a PhD in Engineering to put a toy together, it's unlikely it will make our award list!
SEE Magical Mirrors Here.